My Photo
Name:
Location: Smyrna, TN, United States

While I attend church and am on the Worship Team at LifePoint Church near Nashville, TN - the views and opinions stated on this blog are mine alone.

Monday, September 1, 2008

Ok....if you know me, then you know that I love the Worship music of Chris Tomlin (can't call my cell without hearing a Tomlin song...) and you can't know me for long without knowing my close love for the Chapman family...so this song is an awesome "throwback" from the New Song Cafe.

What's totally awesome is to think of a man who seems to trump all in Contemporary Christian like Steven say that, when asked to do the WOW cd, he was beginning to do a Tomlin song. Man, that is a compliment.

Ok......I'll digress from my Chapman-Tomlin rant for a moment.

The song "We Fall Down" is written from where a few of Tomlin's songs are sourced from - Revelation 4.

6and before the throne there was(N) as it were a sea of glass, like crystal.


And around the throne, on each side of the throne, are(O) four living creatures,(P) full of eyes in front and behind: 7(Q) the first living creature like a lion, the second living creature like an ox, the third living creature with the face of a man, and the fourth living creature like an eagle in flight. 8And the four living creatures,(R) each of them with six wings, are(S) full of eyes all around and within, and(T) day and night they never cease to say,

(U) "Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty,
(V) who was and is and is to come!"

9And whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to him who is seated on the throne,(W) who lives forever and ever, 10the twenty-four elders(X) fall down before him who is seated on the throne and worship him who lives forever and ever. They cast(Y) their crowns before the throne, saying,
11(Z) "Worthy are you, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for(AA) you created all things,
and(AB) by your will they existed and were created."


I think about the same thing when I sing songs like Revelation Song! Imagine the scene...angels who can't stop singing praise and Worship the King of Kings! Can you imagine? I actually LONG to hear that ... and that is what this song is all about!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home