My Photo
Name:
Location: Smyrna, TN, United States

While I attend church and am on the Worship Team at LifePoint Church near Nashville, TN - the views and opinions stated on this blog are mine alone.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Daughter's "Dream"

My daughter has recently turned seven and is learning about Martin Luther King this past week in school. Her teacher gave her a project at school - to write down what she dreams about. Now, we are used to the normal with her :

"I dream I'll be a princess one day..."

"I dream that I'll be a cook..."

"I dream that I'll be like Cinderella..."

...but it was what she wrote that touched me and her mother - so after almost being to the point of tears...I sat her down in front of a mic and had her read her "I Have A Dream" project from school.

Feel free to click on the link to hear her read it. I've also included the text below (in her cute mis-spellings) so that you can follow along.

Click here to hear her read her "dream".

I Have A Dream

by Amber Whitehorn

I want all people to not have to pay alot. because they mite use up all of their money and will be poor. so please don't use so much money.

I want all snakes to not have pooysen. because if they do the mite bite somewon and and that porson will be hurt. so work hard to not git close to a snake. I want all test to not be hard. because if it is you will git itleste something wrong.

I want every body to Love God and Jesus and beleave in God and Jesus. I want everybody to go to church. And when people go to church don't be mean cause God and Jesus don't respect that because that is a sin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home