My Photo
Name:
Location: Smyrna, TN, United States

While I attend church and am on the Worship Team at LifePoint Church near Nashville, TN - the views and opinions stated on this blog are mine alone.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Healer" part 2

Let me clarify - based on an email conversation last night - the difference in how I feel we should be handling this mishap as Christians.

Is what Mike did fraud? Yes. There is no doubt about it. Is what WE do as Christians turn our back on Mike for what has happened? ABSOLUTELY NOT! What Mike has done is no worse than the sin I have in my life. Don't get me wrong...I don't want to make it seem as if it is small to have "made up" an illness for all to believe - but my point is not that. My point is that sin is sin. The Bible says that we have all sinned. God views that sin the same. Mike is dealing with that sin now - and we should be praying for him.

My previous post was in regards to the many who are now posting on YouTube saying "this song is a fraud and should be taken off of here and the radio and never played again..." absolutely not. The song still stands as a true anthem. God will continue to work through the song. Guess what...God will continue to work through Mike, too.

Don't forget to give him your prayers. I'm sure he could use them. So could the congregation and youth he led.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home